[pulseaudio-discuss] ALSA, mmap and JACK

Andrew Walsh walsh at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 15 13:44:43 PDT 2007

I am trying to run JACK using the PulseAudio plugin for ALSA.  When I
try to start JACK, I get an error saying that mmap-based access is not
possible for the audio interface.  Is it correct that there is no mmap
support in the PulseAudio ALSA plugin?  If so, does anyone know of a way
around this to get JACK running with ALSA & PulseAudio?

Thanks,
Andy

FYI, I am running Ubuntu feisty with:
libasound2-plugins v1.0.13 (this includes the PulseAudio plugin for
ALSA; I presume it is v0.9.5)
jackd v0.102.20

"aplay -Dpulse foo.wav" works
"jackd -d alsa -d default" works, where the default card is the dummy
output (/dev/null)