[pulseaudio-discuss] can't get pulseaudio-esound-compat to work

Paul Jones raptorman18 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:44:45 PDT 2007

Well, I do not have any recent experience on Ubuntu but that all sounds very
strange to me. I can't believe those packages conflict, on debian you
install a couple packages check a box and bingo! system sounds work.

If you've tried all the information on the Perfect Setup and on the Ubuntu
bug report sites then I don't know what else to do. The good news is, from
what I have read it does seem like some people have been able to get
esd-compat in Feisty working properly.

I hope your problem gets solved.