[pulseaudio-discuss] audio routing possible?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun May 27 16:17:10 PDT 2007

On Sun, 27.05.07 23:34, Remy Bosch (remybosch at zonnet.nl) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a TV-card which has only a source and mixer. I wonder if I can
> route the source of my TV-card to the sink of the main audio card? Can't
> use 'combine' since I'm not out in creating a new source or sink.
> IOW; How can I connect a source to an input?

No, right now we offer no way to directly connect a (clocked) source
to (clocked) sink. It has been on my todo list for a while, but I
haven't been working on it yet.

To get this done properly is not trivial btw. Since the crystals of
soundcards usually deviate a little you have to resample adpatively all
the time. (Which is more or less what we do in module-combine)