[pulseaudio-discuss] a2dpd stuttering and my experience thus far

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 10:02:03 PDT 2007

Jeff

> > You may have seen in the discussion with Jim that a2dpd is not being
> > maintained. The audio service in bluez-utils is taking its place and
> > works pretty well now.

> Since the a2dpd supported input signals from the headset and considering
> the device has to be paired for the signals to be accepted, could you
> use the play button or bluemon to start up the connection?

We aren't going to work on a2dpd integration with pulse. fwiw, the new
audio service can accept a connection initiated from the headset.

avrcp is coming but I'm not sure how it fits with pulse. I remember
reading that gstreamer could handle media control commands but I don't
think I came across anything saying how it fits together with pulse.

--
Brad