[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio as a systemwide deamon and as the default ALSA plugin doesn't seem to work right.... ?

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 03:17:07 PST 2007

Kevin Williams <kevkim55 at gmail.com> writes:

>  Sometimes, I see a message which says "Audio device not
> available. May be it is in use by another application". I'm pretty
> sure, there're no other apps at that same time yet, I receive those
> messages, don't know why !??

This sounds like a message coming from xine, or at least it is quite
similar from the xine message expressing the same problem. If this is
the case, make sure that you're not using hw:0 as device in the xine
configuration; ideally you should be using the PulseAudio output
directly (although I know already that the version shipped with 1.1
isn't all that good, nor is 1.2 version perfect; I'm working on it).

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/