[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio as a systemwide deamon and as the default ALSA plugin doesn't seem to work right.... ?

Andrzej Wasowski wasowski at data.pl
Tue Nov 20 03:15:29 PST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, David Kågedal wrote:

> My use case is that I connected the good speakers to my closet server
> that has no console login.  I then want to be able to redirect my
> laptop streams to the speakers, either using multicast or a tunnel.

I have a feeling that Lennart somehow undervalues this use of pulseaudio
as an actual network audio server, but given the amount of emails on
embedded systems in this ML, it seems to me that this is the main reason
for which people come to pulseaudio these days.  This was at least my
reason ...

Andrzej

--
Andrzej Wąsowski, http://www.wasowski.org