[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with 0.9.7 and Audacious

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Nov 21 16:44:19 PST 2007

Hasse Hagen Johansen wrote:

>     Lennart> On Tue, 20.11.07 20:04, Hasse Hagen Johansen (hasse-pulse at hagenjohansen.dk) wrote:
>     >>
>     >> writes:
>     >>
>     Lennart> This again sounds like an issue of TCP vs. UNIX sockets.
>     >>
>     >> This is actually not the problem I am experiencing. I only have
>     >> problems with audacious :-) my pax11publish _is_ using a unix
>     >> socket
>     >>
>     Lennart> PS: There's something wrong with the way your user agent
>     Lennart> quotes...
>     >>
>     >> What is wrong with it?
>
>     Lennart> It prepends som random name before the "> " which it is
>     Lennart> supposed to prepend.
>
> No. It prepends the name of who I cite(or actually who I am reply'ing
> to). I believe your mua should handle this. I don't see any strange
> indention or anything in the mua's I have access to. It is quite
> usefull to have the names before the citations when mailing between
> several people

It would be better to have standard reply marker (>) before their name
as many MUA's will detect one or more > at the start of lines and format
things nicely. Thunderbird for example will display coloured vertical
lines for each different depth of contextual content and your way messes
that up. It's not super annoying but if it did "> Lennart: xxxxxxxxxxx"
it would be a lot better (tho' I do thing it's unnecessary provided
people don't click the "So and So Wrote:" bit)