[pulseaudio-discuss] Module-tunnel unloading itself - protocol error, kicking client.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 30 01:28:19 PST 2007

Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Client is x86_64 and client is i586, but I've played music via a tunnel
>> all day today with the same setup at work. The server at home is an EPIA
>> in an NFS root fs (read-only). Any thoughts/musings welcome :)
>
> For the benefit of others:
>
> <coling> mezcalero, and anyone else. Any idea how to debug the issue
> with tunnel's dying due to protocol errors? I'm happy to dig into it but
> woudl appreciate some pointers to try and narrow it down (reported on ML)

snip.

Perhaps too premature a fix?

I'll just past what I posted on IRC but was too late at night to catch
anyone ;)

<coling> mezcalero, neurocyte did you guys get the tunnel working with
just that simple patch?
<coling> I seem to get a nice new error now...
<coling> E: pdispatch.c: Recieved unsupported command 77
<coling> E: module-tunnel.c: Invalid packet
<coling> I also get an error with command 76
<coling> Any ideas?

Have you guys managed to get PA 0.9.8 + patch working? Perhaps we need
to ignore unknown commands in the tunnel module to get this hack working?