[pulseaudio-discuss] alsa plugin vs. pulse

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Tue Oct 9 00:07:14 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 21:57 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Guys
>
> Is there any way at all to route the pulse audio stream to an alsa
> plugin like bluetooth? The bluetooth plugin is not generating any kind
> of hotplug etc events. Are those absolutely necessary in order to get
> pulse's attention?
>
> i thought of making bluetooth the default alsa device so pulse would
> find it, but I need pulse to be the default alsa device so old alsa
> clients can get their streams through pulse properly.

I've never tried this, but if you set up the plugin in your asoundrc
with a name, you should be able to point the pulse output to it while
still having the the default alsa device go to pulse. Something along
the lines of:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=yourbluetoothdevice

in your default.pa.

I think that should work, but I've never tried it myself.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837