[pulseaudio-discuss] alsa plugin vs. pulse

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:53:28 PDT 2007

Hey

Maybe things aren't mature enough in the new bluez driver.

Under pulse 0.9.6, the headset must be on when starting the server,
but even so, the server fails. default.pa contains:

load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=bluetooth device=bluetooth

I get:

bmidgley at med:~$ /usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog
-Lmodule-esound-compat-spawnfd fd=24
ALSA lib ctl_bluetooth.c:150:(bluetooth_send_ctl) Unable to request
new volume value to server: Socket operation on non-socket
Segmentation fault

but using Lennart's branch, I can launch the volume control from
padevchooser but in the sinks tab it says "No sinks available"

On the second machine, I didn't replace padevchooser or pavumeter from
svn; hope that's ok. They are from gutsy. If they do need replacement,
I'm not sure what svn module to look for.

Brad