[pulseaudio-discuss] PA with Gnome 2.20

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Tue Oct 16 15:28:45 PDT 2007

So now that Gnome finally has native support for pulse I've noticed some
annoying behavior.

I have a shell script that I put together that will kill pulse and
restart it with one of a number of different configurations depending on
what I'm doing. That works great with pretty much everything EXCEPT for
Gnome. When I first log in all of the system sounds work fine. But after
the first time I restart pulse, all the system sounds stop working.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting around that? Or does anyone know
the technical reasons for why that's happening so I can file a bug
report? Thanks.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837