[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.7 finally released

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Oct 30 12:20:49 PDT 2007

On Tue, 30.10.07 19:44, Rémi Cardona (remi at gentoo.org) wrote:

> > So, I just released PA 0.9.7. Rough list of changes here:
> >
> > http://pulseaudio.org/milestone/0.9.7
> >
> > Suffice to say, it's a major release.
> >
> > The auxilary packages (paman, paprefs, pavucontrol, pavumeter,
> > gst-pulse, xmms-pulse) have been updated too, upgradiing them is
> > highly recommended. padevchooser has not been updated, because I am
> > not sure if it is going to stay around the way it currently is.
>
> What kind of workload is needed to convert any application to the new
> API? I'm a big user of padevchooser (especially the network server
> settings) and I wouldn't mind hacking on it. Both to port it to the new
> API and possibly improve it.

New API? There is no new API. The latest version of padevchooser
should work fine with 0.9.7.

My reasoning for not having it updated is mostly of philosophical
nature. i.e. i'd like to allow padevchooser to switch active streams
to the new destination. However, that works only if we use
module-tunnel. Which we could. But which would turn padevchooser into
something completely different. And requires a non-trivial amount of
work.