[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio and Qt4

Nicolas Peyron peyronn at free.fr
Wed Sep 5 05:50:31 PDT 2007

Le lundi 3 septembre 2007, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> On Tue, 28.08.07 21:13, Nicolas Peyron (peyronn at free.fr) wrote:
> > Hello
>
> Hi!
>
> > I am currently trying to integrate pulseaudio in the Qt4 main loop. My
> > goal is for now to rewrite the little apps like pavucontrol in Qt4.
> >
> > My integration is working fine on my laptop, but I have some problems on
> > my desktop. Pulseaudio is requiring simultanemously 2 "fd watch" on the
> > same fd, with "write" enable for both. This confuses the loop integration
> > as i have code it, because Qt doesn't want to watch the same fd twice on
> > the same thing (write). So I would like to know if it is an expected
> > behavior or, if there is a bug. (It's seems weird to me to ask the same
> > think twice at the same time). If it's an expected comportement i will
> > modify my loop integration, but i don't want to do the work if it's a
> > bug.
>
> Uh oh. PA definitely should not listen on the same fd twice. If that's
> the case you found a bug.
>
> Could you paste your code somehwere so that I can have a look?

Well, I can't reproduce the bug anymore, with the same code. So for the moment
I give up and I will continue to develop the bindings.

Anyways the code is here http://lyio/git/QtPulseAudio/ if you want to take a
look.
It's not very clean, comments are in french as commit log.
There are three folders, "integrator" for the part that integrate pulseaudio
in the Qt4 mainloop, "bindings", for Qt4 bindings, and "testapp", for the
testing app.

Nicolas Peyron