[pulseaudio-discuss] Daemon gets terminated

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Sep 7 02:58:45 PDT 2007

On Fri, 07.09.07 14:44, DSK (dsk.in.2007 at gmail.com) wrote:

Hi!

> I checked out the lennart branch (Rev, 1777) to check the
> functionality of module-suspend-on-idle .. It works great .. has a
> tremendous reduction of CPU Utilization .. I am testing on ARM ..

Tremendous reduction? It should now be exactly zero when idle.

> OTOH when i tested with two instances of pacat the daemon is getting
> terminated due to soft CPU limit exhaustion . Works fine with one
> pacat ..

Hmm, the CPU utilization reduction is apparently not thaaaat
tremendous on ARM...

Seems the mixing code for ARM could use quite a  bit of
optimization. Hmm, would it be possible to supply me with some
profiling data? (gprof, callgrind)

Does your CPU have an FPU? Did these two streams need resampling?

You can disable the CPU limit stuff by passing --no-cpu-limit to PA.