[pulseaudio-discuss] Default pulseaudio setup on ubuntu feisty prevents audio

Marc MERLIN marc_pulse at merlins.org
Mon Sep 17 17:06:02 PDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 02:00:26AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > ubuntu comes with pulseaudio 0.9.5-5ubuntu4.1.
>
> I doubt that. Last time I checked they ship it, but don't install it
> by default.

Mmmh, maybe it got pulled in by some dependency.

> > So, why is pulseaudio hanging out to my sound playing devices if it's not able
> > to play anything?
> > Shouldn't it just syslog that it can't talk to alsa (it didn't), and then
> > exit and release my devices?
>
> Most likely Ubuntu didn't patch the esd unix socket path in PA to
> match what they patched it in their esd packages. They use a
> non-standard path there, so they should do the same in PA.

Argh. Can you give me a very quick version of what it can/should be
and in which files?
I can likely patch that (binary edit or symlinks)

> Please report this to the Ubuntu BTS.

Will do, once I know which files are wrong and what they should be :)

Thanks
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/