[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth (a2dpd) output stutters

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 26 09:43:24 PDT 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 25.09.07 22:15, Jim Carter (jimc at math.ucla.edu) wrote:

> > Time to point the finger of blame, but at who?   I have PulseAudio set
> > up pretty much according to the various readme files and sample configs.
> > It starts out with just one sink:

> Could I convince you to retry this with PA SVN from the "lennart"
> branch?

Sure, will do (tonight after work, I hope).  However I checked out the
trunk branch from SVN, later discovering only slight diffs from the release
sources.  That is, I did this, following
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/DownloadPulseAudio#DevelopmentSources :
    svn checkout svn://0pointer.de/pulseaudio/trunk pulseaudio
I executed ./bootstrap.sh (no args) but it complained of an undefined macro
and failed to create ./Makefile.in which wasn't appreciated by ./configure.
(Exact error text can be sent tonight, if desired.)  What am I doing wrong?

> Hmm, I guess I should get myself a BT headset.

I got a Motorola HT820.  See my howto and review (just posted):
http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc/documents/bluetooth-0703.html

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA  90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu    http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)