[pulseaudio-discuss] wiki perfectsetup for skype: solution doesn't work

vatbier vatbier at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 13:52:22 PDT 2008

I'm not sure to what or who I should ask this question:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Skype :
Now launch skype whether from the run dialog or from a shell using the
command "pasuspender skype". This momentarily suspends pulseaudio, and
starts skype.

If you're running skype all the time (like me, from login to logout, if
you want to be able to receive skype calls), the momentarily suspension
of pulseaudio becomes indefinitely. So pulseaudio becomes useless.
If I'm correct about this, can someone put this info on the
perfectsetup wiki page?
When Mandriva 2008.1 comes out I'm afraid I'll have to disable
pulseaudio just because of skype.
Pulseaudio people should pressure the skype developers to work with
pulseaudio. Skype is for me (and a lot of other linux users) a must
have application (Ekiga is not a viable alternative: last I used it, it
crashed everytime with connection to Ekiga_win32).

Regards,
vatbier