[pulseaudio-discuss] Recording with PulseAudio.

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 22:02:09 PDT 2008

Hi List!

I am having a rather hard time to get any sound captured while running
PulseAudio. I'm running Fedora 8 with Pulse Audio 0.9.8, as far as I can
tell recording is set correctly in the mixer (via GNOME mixer with all
the devices shown, or alsamixer -c 0), but I can't seem to be able to
capture any sound either from the command prompt (using arecord) or  a
GUI application (like Audacity). It doesn't seem to matter if I choose
one or another input device, especially in Audacity. Is there anything
I'm missing? I don't seem to be able to record from any source, please help.