[pulseaudio-discuss] Recording with Pulseaudio

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:58:53 PDT 2008

Hello, list.

I have had few problems trying to send e-mail to the list, hopefully
that's all sorted out now. Now onto my issue is that I don't seem to be
able to record at all with PulseAudio. According to the "perfect setup"
guide it is recommended that when used with applications such as Skype
and Audacity, I should temporarily disable PulseAudio in order to be
able to record with those applications. I have also been unable to
properly record sound with the alsa programs arecord, aplay works just
fine, though. What are programs that currently work or are expected to
work with Pulse Audio for recording?

I just wanted to say that PA is nicely growing up and includes some
really neat features, and I really hope it becomes such a standard
backbone component that there wouldn't be many more problems about which
application supports it and which doesn't, etc. Keep up the good work!