[pulseaudio-discuss] main.c: daemon startup failed.

Sean McNamara smcnam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:39:32 PDT 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
>>> D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules//module-x11-publish.so': success
>>> D: module-x11-publish.c: using already loaded auth cookie.
>>> X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>>>
>> You should probably comment out module-x11-publish
>> from /etc/pulse/default.pa. It's not as useful as it sounds, and
>> depending on the circumstances, that X error alone could be causing the
>> server to shut down.
>>

> In the default config of PA 0.9.10 module-x11-publish doesn't cause
> the server satrtup to fail anymore.

In Ben's original post to the ML, he revealed this as part of his
initial troubleshooting effort:

    $ /usr/bin/pulseaudio --version
    pulseaudio 0.9.9

Using 0.9.10 myself and I confirm that module-x11-publish is no longer
within a .fail, but it would appear from Ben's responses that this
module was the culprit that kept his PA server from starting up, due to
his PA version.

-Sean