[pulseaudio-discuss] Error in function pa_sink_input_request_rewind abort pulseaudio

Rudson R. Alves rudsonalves at rra.etc.br
Tue Aug 12 11:57:48 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to one week to run the pulseaudio in the Slamd64 and DLGnome
64bits.

Follow that "The Perfect Setup", and any material that could find the
way to compile the various programs needed to run it with DLG64.

I am running pulseaudio-0.9.11 with PolicyKit-0.9 + + ConsoleKit-0.2.10
Alsa suport (version 1.0.17 + alsa-plugin) ...

The problema is:
When I try to run the aplay through the pulse, the pulseaudio abort:

$ aplay -Dpulse /usr/share/sounds/login.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Window_Sticky.wav' : Signed 16 bit
Little Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Mono

The same instant, the pulseaudio -vvv emmit:

I: module-volume-restore.c: Creating new entry for
<pulsecore/protocol-native.c$ALSA plug-in [aplay]>
D: protocol-native.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
D: protocol-native.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun.
E: sink-input.c: Assertion 'i->thread_info.rewrite_nbytes == 0' failed
at pulsecore/sink-input.c:1146, function pa_sink_input_request_rewind().
Aborting.
Aborted

The complet "pulseaudio -vvv" message is in:
http://rra.etc.br/linux/bugs/pulseaudio.txt

I made the "strace" of "aplay" to give me a light, but not helped much.
The problem seems a bug in aplay, as it tries to read a section that was
not open and just quit:
read(3, 0x7fff1ca2a720, 10)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
temporarily unavailable)

The strace of the aplay is in:
http://rra.etc.br/linux/bugs/aplay.txt

The "paplay" not send any message to the "pulseaudio-vvv," and also does
not work.

Can anyone help me?
Rudson Alves