[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol python/c/qt4 port

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Aug 27 10:12:32 PDT 2008

M.Burak Alkan wrote:
> I hope here is best place for this,

I think it is!

> As far as I know there is no python api for pulseaudio and no qt port
> for pavucontrol.
> I was wondering if I wanted to make a python/qt4 version of
> pavucontrol(maybe a little bit different) does it make any sense.I think
> first I need to change current c api into python/c objects and import
> them into my python/qt4 program.

Sounds sensible. Other people on this list have made simple wrappers in
python to talk to the pulse socket file, but this only works for local
clients and thus something based on libpulse would definitely be nicer.

> I examined sample c codes and created a simple workspace for
> development  but any tricks are very welcome.
>
> Any suggestions?

None from me really, but listen out for others. Also in terms for a QT4
port, I presume your general audience is for KDE4? If so, then it would
be interesting to see how Phonon and pulse will work once a native pulse
backend comes along....  :)

> (sorry for bad english btw)

It's the best "bad" English I've read for a while :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]