[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with pulseaudio / asla on PS3

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Aug 27 15:36:52 PDT 2008

On Thu, 28.08.08 07:29, Kevin Gilbert (kevin952 at tpg.com.au) wrote:

> D: module-alsa-sink.c: Thread starting up
> D: rtpoll.c: Acquired POSIX realtime signal SIGRTMIN+29
> E: module-alsa-sink.c: Assertion '(areas[0].step >> 3) == u->frame_size'
> failed at modules/module-alsa-sink.c:177, function mmap_write(). Aborting.

Umpf. there seems to be something very broken here in the audio driver
or alsa-libs. We only support interleaved channels. This assert above
is always true for interleaved channels. We ask the ALSA driver for
interleaved channels. But apparently it gave us some more complex
channel arrangement.

Please report to the ALSA people. But first try to update your kernel
driver and alsa-libs to newest from upstream.