[pulseaudio-discuss] java sound implementation using pulseaudio - ports

Ioana Ivan iivan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 05:03:42 PDT 2008

Hi Colin,

Port inherits the following method from the Line interface:

void *close*()

Closes the line, indicating that any system resources in use by the line
can be released.
If this operation succeeds, the line is marked closed and a |CLOSE|
event is dispatched
to the line's listeners.

I'm not sure how to release the system resources used by the line, since
I've never allocated them
myself. Would muting the sink/source and sending a CLOSE event be
enough? I don't think
there's any way for someone using the Java API to tell whether the line
is using any system
resources or not.

Thanks,
Ioana