[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio elusive

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Tue Dec 9 03:08:42 PST 2008

Jack Tanner wrote:
> I used pactl to exit PA and then had VLC use ALSA directly. Voila! No more
> choppy video/audio. This is really too bad, I was just getting the hang of this
> PA stuff. Is there anything I could try to speed up PA and/or make it use fewer
> resources? The machine is a 3ghz Celeron 2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686 w/ 1GB RAM.

I think that timer-based scheduling enabled PA releases (>0.9.10) have
some serious issues(like self destruction of the daemon because of cpu
overload, impossibility to play a stream after a pause, etc.) I already
posted some of our problems but I had no significant feedback. So we're
still using 0.9.10 in Pardus.

Lennart doesn't show up quite a long time ago, hence no commits to the
git tree. Unfortunately, I've got doubts about the future of the project..

Regards,

--

Ozan Çağlayan
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng