[pulseaudio-discuss] Segfault on startup

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Dec 22 12:51:13 PST 2008

On 22 Dec 2008, Lennart Poettering said:
> Note that Ubuntu updated to libtool 2.2 but didn't really update PA's
> lt usage accordingly. There's some major borkage in there. (i.e. the
> "Failed to find..." msg is due to that fuckup)

What? But the needed change is only about two lines, and PA doesn't
work at all without it. How can anyone get that wrong? An utter
absence of testing, even of the 'does it start' variety?

(For a GNOME-centric distro they've really messed up integration of this
GNOMEish component, haven't they? Not that PA is performing noticeably
badly for me in pure KDE... I actually had it stutter once, but the
machine was playing music over NFS *and* thrashing to death. With esd or
arts I think I'd have been lucky to get one second's sound per minute
under that sort of load.)

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared