[pulseaudio-discuss] FAQ? How to Directly Connect Sources to Sinks, or Sinks to each other?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 12 01:52:01 PST 2008

Erich Boleyn wrote:
> Is there a standard way to connect sources to sinks?
> I.e. so I can connect the rtp.monitor source to the HW sound output sink?

Not 100% sure how to do it in pulse itself... (not sure if it's possible
but it certainly wouldn't be hard to create a "join" module if it
doesn't exist!).

As a poor man's solution you can do:

gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc device=rtp.monitor ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! pulsesink [device="name of sink"]