[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling where module-rtp-send sends multicast packets?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:09:58 PST 2008

> <http://www.directron.com/efika.html>You can also use x86 boxes but they
> are more expensive

Not if you already have them lying around :)  If I wanted to splurge on
dedicated hardware for whole house audio, there are already a number of
options out there.  The Sonos, Squeezebox, and Airport Express/Apple TV
(just to name a few)  are all pretty cheap and work wirelessly.

I'm more intrigued by the possibility of turning my dumpster bound PC
hardware into something useful using PulseAudio.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL