[pulseaudio-discuss] No shutdown/startup sounds in gnome

JaM jej2003 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:52:44 PST 2008

I have pulse audio installed on a gentoo linux system and have it running as
a separate instance for each user.  For whatever reason, however, I do not
get any startup/shutdown sounds.  I do get the rest of the system sounds but
nothing for the startup and shutdown.  Is there something I can do to
diagnose what is going on?  If I look in the Sound Settings Panel I can play
the shutdown/startup sounds fine.  Any help would be appreciated.