[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling where module-rtp-send sends multicast packets?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed Feb 20 09:10:50 PST 2008

matt wrote:
 > In an effort to use more of the pc that I already have running
 > 24 7 I have opted to keep the amps right next to the pc and
 > run speaker wiring throughout the house.  Thus I have no need
 > for remote nodes throughout the house.  All remote contrl will
 > be done via web tablets in the rooms.

i see.  that makes sense.

well, i'm _not_ an audio nut :-), and my audio setup takes advantage of
the thin clients already running 24/7 in various rooms of the house.
so somewhat different design criteria, but the logical architecture
of what we're doing ends up being pretty similar.

 > I am also a bit of an audio nut and have not had a chance to
 > listen carefully to the audio produced by this soution.  If
 > pulse fails I can always build/buy a hardware audio matrix
 > switch and put it with the amps.

once you have it all working, don't forget all the other uses for
whole-house digital audio -- caller-id announcement, on demand
text-to-speech weather forecasts, custom wakeup alarms.  i even
have some scripts that help with exercise and stretching routines --
i hate counting sets and repeats for myself, so i think of the
computer as my personal robotic trainer.  :-)

paul