[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol -- server selection?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Sun Feb 24 19:54:35 PST 2008

matthew wrote:
 > I believe you can just specify the environment variables and then run
 > the app. So try this:
 >
 > export PULSE_SERVER=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 >
 > Another variable option is PULSE_SINK. I forget where I found this
 > little tidbit, but it works for me!
 >
 > Matt

well, i was about to point out that i'd already tried PULSE_SERVER,
but i tried it again, and now it works.  dammit.  :-)

i have no idea why it didn't work before.  i found the command in
my shell history to re-run it, so it wasn't a typo.  i've used pulse
to listen to some music in the meantime, but i'd be surprised if that
affected how pavucontrol works.  :-/

well....  wait.  it now works remotely, but not locally.

okay.  i'm confused.

paul