[pulseaudio-discuss] cracks and pops with intelHDA

Ritesh Kumar ritesh at cs.unc.edu
Sat Jan 12 19:36:47 PST 2008

> > 1) Can suspend-to-ram cause timing problems in pulseaudio? If not then
> the
> > kernel's USB audio driver seems to be doing something fishy here.
>
> Generally PA should survive STR. But many drivers don't. As usual
> with STR, YMMV.
>
> > 2) Why did intel mandate 192kHz audio sampling in intel HDA? Are there
> any
> > applications for such high sampling rates?
>
> They didn't mandate 192 kHz. HDA leaves a lot of room for specific
> implementations.

Sorry about the wording of my question. Are there any advantages of using
such high sampling rates in sound cards?

_r

P.S. Lennart, I received a whole bunch of mails from you on this mailing
list in the last hour... was this intentional or were you sending mail all
this while and I received all of them just now... this shouldn't happen
though... :(