[pulseaudio-discuss] cracks and pops with intelHDA

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Tue Jan 15 03:27:11 PST 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sun, 13.01.08 11:59, Erik Slagter (erik at slagter.name) wrote:

> HAL UDIs are used to name the sinks. They are supposed to stay the
> same all the time.

Apparently there is a bug in hal that sometimes gives the USB
vendor:product combo as ffffff_ffffff. Udev has the id's correctly, so
it must a bug in hal :-(

I have been using hal for something similar for a week, and due to this
bug AND the fact that is misses a plug-in or unplug event sometimes, I
switched to a udev implemenation that does it right all of the time...

Just to mention that hal is not yet flawless :-/