[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio stops playing after a while

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Thu Jan 17 04:18:14 PST 2008

Using:

  - pulseaudio 0.9.8 from fedora test on i386
  - usb speakers that can only playback at 48000 hz
  - pulseaudio alsa emulation (using pcm.pulse { type pulse })
  - this command line: madplay -o wav:- test.mp3 | aplay -Dpulse -
  - test.mp3 has a samplerate of 44100 hz

pulse plays for about a minute and then stops playing. Strace (-f) shows
lots of activity, but I hear nothing.

I have seen similar behaviour on 0.9.7 running on amd64.

Adding a "sox -t wav - -t wav -r 48000 -" doesn't help, so it's not the
resampling that I suspected.

I'll do some more testing, something this trivial should simply work I
guess, so maybe I screwed up some config option.

BTW still running system wide and only yesterday I still had that working...