[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio stops playing after a while

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Thu Jan 17 05:57:45 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 01:18:14PM +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
> Using:
>
>  - pulseaudio 0.9.8 from fedora test on i386
>  - usb speakers that can only playback at 48000 hz
>  - pulseaudio alsa emulation (using pcm.pulse { type pulse })
>  - this command line: madplay -o wav:- test.mp3 | aplay -Dpulse -
>  - test.mp3 has a samplerate of 44100 hz
>
> pulse plays for about a minute and then stops playing. Strace (-f) shows
> lots of activity, but I hear nothing.

I've got a similar issue with my USB headset. But for me it's a kernel bug, not
a pulseaudio one. More specifically it's a bug that only occurs when using USB
audio with an OHCI usb controller.

See alsa bug #2781 [0] for more information. If your machine uses an UHCI USB
controller then this ofcourse unrelated to your problem :)

  Sjoerd
0: https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2781
--
One monk said to the other, "The fish has flopped out of the net! How will it
live?" The other said, "When you have gotten out of the net, I'll tell you."