[pulseaudio-discuss] No sound with M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Kostas Gerontis gerontiskostas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:03:42 PDT 2008

Hello everyone, i'm new to this list :)

Basically, the reason that I signed up here has to do with finding a
solution for the following problem:

I have a soundcard M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 and I can't get it to work
properly with Pulse Audio, both in Ubuntu Hardy and Fedora 9.

I add myself in the 3 Pulseaudio groups, I enable everything in the
Pulseaudio Preferences (if i don't, the testing section of Gnome sound
preferences will give me an error ). It seems to work, I can see the monitor
doing something when sound is played, but I can't hear it. The sound works
nice when I switch to Alsa only. I believe the problem is related to Rtp,
since it's the only output recognized, as I can see in PulseAudio Manager.
I'd really appreciate any help. Let me note here that when the login screen
appears, a sound can be heard. I can also hear sounds with flash videos and
VideoLan media player, but probably because they bypass Pulse Audio settings
somehow and use Alsa by default...?

Thanks in advance

Kostas Gerontis
Greece