[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio and alsa snd-hda-intel driver

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jul 22 01:52:34 PDT 2008

Jack Howarth wrote:
>   Thanks for the replies. I am using the 2.6.26-git5 kernel srpm from
> rawhide because git5 has the alsa 1.0.17 drivers merged into the kernel
> tree. I have manually rebuilt all of the alsa srpms in rawhide with the
> 1.0.17 sources. I guess my mistake was in assuming that the latest
> 0.9.11 pulseaudio release would be less buggy than the previous one.

Not right now! 0.9.11 is not a bugfix release, it's a major refactoring!
So at present it's not really anything new.

Perhaps this should really be 0.10.0 (due to such a massive change) but
I'm not really sure of Lennart's thoughts on version number and in
actual fact it really doesn't matter much in the overal scheme of things
(tho it may have scared you off a bit of it was 0.10.0!).

I'm guessing that a 0.10.x release will only be introduced when it
breaks backwards compatibility (which 0.9.11 in theory will not do!).

> This may explain the oddity I have been seeing with the flash plugin.
> My original attempts with Fedora 9 used the 2.6.25.10 kernel and
> manually installed alsa-drivers and alsa rpms for 1.0.17rc3. This
> didn't give me a usable pulseaudio but with the pulseaudio server
> deinstalled I did get flash audio.

I presume you are using libflashsupport right?

Seems to work OK for me here on both 0.9.10 and on 0.9.11...