[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio closes suddenly

Sladan sladivadi at aon.at
Thu Jul 24 10:17:34 PDT 2008

Hi!

I have a problem because Pulseaudio very often stops when using
Aptitude. This also happens sometimes while just browsing the web.
I always listen to an internet readio mms stream and suddenly the music
stops. I then have to restart Pulseaudio which I can use until the next
shutdown of it.
People in the IRC helped me to post the output here:
http://pastebin.com/m286d0691
Then I also tried with '--no-cpu-limit' option. This caused Pulseaudio
to use 99%-100% CPU according to top and I had to 'kill -9 PID#' it. The
last line was 'I: protocol-native.c: connection died.'
After that I did 'strace pulseaudio'. The output is here:
http://pastebin.com/m72c9df3c

I use Debian Testing AMD64 and a Creative X-Fi card. There is Pulseaudio
0.9.10 and Kernel 2.6.25 and I listen using Totem Gstreamer Mozilla plugin.
My ~/.pulse/default.pa is here: http://pastebin.com/m721a74f3
~/.asoundrc is: http://pastebin.com/m3b6af4f7

Regards,
Sladan