[pulseaudio-discuss] New Startup Logic

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jul 25 09:26:28 PDT 2008

On Fri, 25.07.08 17:49, Rémi Cardona (remi at gentoo.org) wrote:

> Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> > Any questions?
>
> Are there any changes regarding launching and running PA as a
> system-wide daemon? (I know it's not recommended, but it still has some
> legitimate uses)

I don't think there are any, except that PA now reads "system.pa"
instead of "default.pa" for system instances.

Auto-spawning, exit-on-ilde, and the ckit/xsmp modules don't make any
sense for system mode. They should be disabled for system mode.

But quite honestly there might be some issues left with system mode.

Patches welcome.