[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio Windows Server

Jeff Hendy jchendy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:53:54 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Windows server to play sound from my Linux box.

As far as I can tell, the Linux installation seems to be working fine,
but I get a bunch of errors on Windows:

C:\pulseaudio-0.9.6>pulseaudio.exe
W: pulsecore/random.c: failed to get proper entropy. Falling back to seeding wit
h current time.
W: pulsecore/core-util.c: secure directory creation not supported on Win32.
E: pulsecore/pid.c: stale PID file, overwriting.
W: pulsecore/core.c: failed to allocate shared memory pool. Falling back to a no
rmal memory pool.
Unable to convert, filtering
E: pulsecore/socket-server.c: socket(PF_INET6): Invalid argument

My default.pa is as follows:
load-module module-waveout

load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1

.nofail

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff