[pulseaudio-discuss] Multiseat and pulseaudio

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 30 06:54:48 PDT 2008

On Wed, 30.07.08 10:37, Muylle Bart (Muylle.Bart at skynet.be) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to make my multiseatcomputer 4 seats working with sound. But I
> don't have any result, the sound comes always out of the same output on
> every screen. ( on the system I have 1 hardware soundcard on the
> mainboard and 3 usb sound-cards)

I am not sure if the system wide daemon is a good choice here.

Also note that you cannot the HAL module, because it will listen for
ACL changes which you don't really want to have here.

> I have installed pulseaudio with a system-wide deamon. I setup the
> device chooser , I have edit the .pulse/default-sink for the default

Don't use the device chooser. It's obsolete.

> output, but it stil doesn't work.
> I have also done the perfect setup, but the flashplayer crash not
> sometime, but always with the flashplayer 10 beta, with the version 9 it
> works, but not on the right sound-output.
>
> What did I wron ?  When you need logs or anything say it.
>
> My linux distro is ubuntu hardy.

I never tried to set something like this up, so I don't really now how
to do this best. I assume PA needs a bit of fixing here and there to
make this work properly. Patches are always welcome... All I can tell
you is how *not* to do it ;-)