[pulseaudio-discuss] remap-sink reproduces sound on more than the target channels

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Thu Jun 12 11:01:45 PDT 2008

Is that what I was seeing during my startup process:

D: resampler.c: Channel matrix:
D: resampler.c:        I00   I01
D: resampler.c:     +------------
D: resampler.c: O00 | 1.000 0.000
D: resampler.c: O01 | 0.000 1.000
D: resampler.c: O02 | 1.000 0.000
D: resampler.c: O03 | 0.000 1.000
D: resampler.c: O04 | 0.500 0.500
D: resampler.c: O05 | 0.500 0.500
D: resampler.c: O06 | 1.000 0.000
D: resampler.c: O07 | 0.000 1.000

I thought I tried disabling the remixing in daemon.conf without
improvement, but I will try again. If I start pulseaudio with the -C
command to get a command line interface will the settings in daemon.conf
take effect since I am not creating a daemon? Or is the daemon still
created and a pacmd instance is started right after?

I also noticed that I can produce 2 two channel alsa sinks by pointing
them at front:1 and rear:1. Are there equivalent values for side:1 and
center/lfe:1? I tried side:1 without avail so that can't be it.

Thanks,
Matt