[pulseaudio-discuss] multiroom audio setup

Michal Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Mon Jun 23 13:03:56 PDT 2008

Dnia 2008-06-23, pon o godzinie 20:17 +1000, Russell Strong pisze:
> The first problem is with moving streams.  Whenever rhythmbox changes
> the next track.  The new track moves back to the default location.  I
> suspect rhythmbox is closing and reopening it's connection?  Any
> sugestions?

Use padevchooser to set the default server you want to use.

> The second problem is glitchy playback when I run rhythmbox on my
> laptop
> ( over wifi ).  Are there some buffering options I could try?  Ping
> times appear well behaved, so I'm not sure what is going on here
> 28 packets transmitted, 28 received, 0% packet loss, time 27462ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.225/2.455/3.358/0.254 ms

I'm having problems over wifi, too, the connection just isn't suited for
this kind of connection. Sometimes it works fine, other times I can't
listen to no song without glitches. I'd like to know if there are some
options to try, too.

> Fifth, I'm seeing this output from pulseaudio.  However, I'm not sure
> how to create a control device.  Also, could the absence of a control
> device be responsible for my glitchy playback over wifi?

The sample rate is fine, you could set it with rate=48000 in the
module-alsa-sink line so you won't get this warning. About the ctl
thingies... I'm not sure about the ctl devices, so I won't tell... But
no, the absence of it can't be the cause of glitchy playback.

Cheers
--
Michal Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>