[pulseaudio-discuss] aplay getting stuck in pulseaudio sometimes

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Thu Mar 6 16:21:21 PST 2008

I'm running pulseaudio 0.9.6.  I use aplay to play the output of the
festival voice sythesis program.  Many times (once or twice a day), I
find that aplay is running at 100% cpu and appears stuck or spinning.  I
have to kill the program in order for more audio to be played.  I've
only seen this since I've been using pulseaudio (which I really like).

Can anyone explain what might be happening?

Jim