[pulseaudio-discuss] sound stopped working

Joerg Beyer j.beyer at web.de
Wed Mar 26 15:56:30 PDT 2008

Lennart Poettering schrieb:

> Play around with both pavucontrol and all volume controls there, as
> well as "alsamixer -c0".

OK, that was wrong:
the level for " IEC958 P" was on 0, I found it with alsamixer.

> Do you have multiple sound cards/devices? What is the contents of /proc/snd/pcm?

onboard sound:
lspci | grep audio
00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation CK804 AC'97
Audio Controller (rev a2)

I have no idea what set this value to 0. As I told before: it happend
when I switched from one player (totem) to another (vlc) - only seconds.
I definitly did not change a mixer value at that moment intentionaly.

Thanks for your patience.

	Jöerg