[pulseaudio-discuss] Airtunes

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 27 15:44:57 PDT 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> module-tunnel is certainly the worst module you could have
> picked. It's complicated, full of #ifdefs and doesn't even support all
> the newest fancy features of the core.

Well I've only just started looking over it (and completely agree re the
#ifdefs) so not really done anything yet. Is there a better -sink module
you'd recommend as a starting point?

>> As I hinted above I'll either modify or copy the zeroconf-discover one.
>> I presume you'd prefer to make a separate module?
>
> Hmm, depends. It's up to you. A #ifdef based solution might be useful,
> i.e. conditional compilation of the RAOP and module-tunnel parts of
> zc-discover. That way you'd be able to share a single source and build
> two seperate modules of it. OTOH conditional compilation is a bit out
> of fashion these days. The alternative might be to split zc-disocver
> into three C files, and then compile two of them for one module and
> then two others for the other modules, if you understand what I mean.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'll see how it goes as this part is the final
hurdle and wont be attempted until I get the actual sink loading OK!
Having only started reading the raop_play code, I'm getting worried I've
bitten off more than I can chew with all it's RTP and callbacks etc. but
I'll still take a good crack at it!

>> So would you like to see more external projects, or keep everything
>> inhouse? It's not exactly a critical question, and an answer of "I've
>> not really thought about it" is perfectly acceptable :p
>
> In house, please.

Message received :)