[pulseaudio-discuss] Airtunes

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 27 16:20:13 PDT 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> Well I've only just started looking over it (and completely agree re the
>> #ifdefs) so not really done anything yet. Is there a better -sink module
>> you'd recommend as a starting point?
>
> Uh. Good question. The pipe sink maybe?

:) OK, will see if it's more sensible.

> RTP is actually a pretty simple protocol. And is it happens we already
> have an implementation of RTP in PA, hence you probably can share a
> lot of code.

Cool :) Hopefully it'll fit in neatly with the RAOP stuff.

My initial naive hope that I could just copy and paste code from
raop_play has now evaporated so I'll just have to learn how it all works
which is a PITA as there are few comments on roap_play. I'll maybe see
if there are other implementations out there to copy from e.g.
http://rubyforge.org/projects/raop/

It's probably sickeningly simple to create a pipe-sink with this trivial
ruby script: http://offthelip.org/?p=15 but that's cheating :)