[pulseaudio-discuss] Moving sources and sinks

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Fri May 2 11:27:17 PDT 2008

So I think what I would do is make a "combined" sink for each class of
data that routes all audio to all sources. If you disable the module to
gets rid of idle streams this will leave you with active but corked
streams to all output devices from each sink. You can then update which
streams are muted. If you need to do this literally stream by stream (as
in playback event by playback event) this might not work because I am
just using the text interface (basically what pacmd is) and would have
no way of being notified when a new stream is played. If on the other
hand the routing is more global and based on external events you could
easily update the current config and then all future sounds would play
as expected.

I'm not at home right now, but I will try to remember to forward my code
tonight or tomorrow morning. If you really can't wait I sent an older
version to the mailing list a while back, it should be in the archives.

Matt