[pulseaudio-discuss] Alsa-emulation for pulse does not work with Adobe Flash, libflashsupport unstable

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed May 7 08:17:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 12:36:06PM +0300, Juha Erkkilä wrote:
> I wonder is there anyone on this list who has seen this, looked into
> this issue, and can confirm or deny this?

Seen this? No, I don't use Adobe's Flash. Looked into this
issue? No. Con confirm? Yes. It is known that when using the
alsa pulse plugin, Flash opens new connections until the
upper limit is reached. Or rather, has opened in the past.
My impression is that Adobe has fixed this particular bug in
current Flash versions. It still doesn't work, and I don't
think I've heard about any specific reasons why it doesn't
work this time.

If it's so that Flash requires mmap mode, like your tests
seem to indicate, then that would be one reason it doesn't
work.

--
Tanu Kaskinen