[pulseaudio-discuss] can help me?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu May 8 05:30:01 PDT 2008

Juan A Fuentes wrote:
> hi, sorry for my english

You don't need to apologies for you're english..... sending HTML email
with black text on a black background however requires a grovelling
apology ;)

> i have ubuntu hardy on a pc, and xp on anoter pc, i has been donloaded
> pulseaudio for windows, how can run pulseaudio for windows? or where i
> can find a sted by sted manual for do this?

The windows version works much like the linux version, namely by running
pulseaudio.exe. You can pass the arguments -vvv to get a verbose output
from it.

I should point out however that the windows version is not as feature
complete as the linux version in that you cannot play sound on windows
to a pulseaudio server (e.g. there is no way to create a "virtual" sound
card driver that you can configure your applications to use). This will
hopefully come at some point but not yet.

What it does allow you to do is play sound on your Ubuntu machine and
have the sound come out the windows box.

HTHs